There are a number of financial sources available in Zhengzhou University to support international students from all over world to study and research in Zhengzhou University. ZZU offers quite a number of full scholarship and partial scholarhsip. In year 2016, the full scholarship covers more than 20% of total full-time admission.
There are several types of financial source for prospect students with talents. Most of them are renewable. Students can be fully supported or partially supported by our scholarship. Full scholarship will cover tuition, accommodation, living allowance, international travel, and medical cares. The partial scholarship will cover most of the cost of study, the winner of partial scholarship will pay quite similar as Chinese student.
1. China Scholarship Council provides various Chinese Government Scholarship (CGS) programs: University Program(CGS-University) , Bilateral Program, Great Wall Program, EU Program, AUN Program, PIF Program, and WMO Program (CGS-General) .
2. Confucius Institute Headquarters (Hanban) provide Confucius Institute Scholarship (CIS) to students, scholars and Chinese language teachers of other countries for pursuing Master’s Degree in Teaching Chinese to Speakers of Other Languages (MTCSOL), Bachelor’s Degree in Teaching Chinese to Speakers of Other Languages (BTCSOL), One-Academic-Year Chinese Study, and One-Semester Chinese Study in China.
3. Henan Provincial Government established Henan Provincial Government Scholarship (HPGS) to support outstanding international students and scholars to study in all the programs offered by universities in Henan province.
4. Zhengzhou University President Scholarship（PS）are specially set by Zhengzhou University to attract and support excellent international candidates to pursue their study in Zhengzhou University.
Since most of scholarships are renewable, therefore most of scholarship winner can continue their scholarship after the annual review. Excellent students who was not scholarship winner can apply for some types of scholarship.
1. Henan Provincial Government established Henan Provincial Government Scholarship (HPGS) to support outstanding international students and scholars to study in all the programs offered by universities in Henan province.
2. Zhengzhou University provides Zhengzhou University Scholarships (ZUS) for excellent international students.
|Program||CGS-General||CGS-University||CIS-General||CIS–SouthAsiaChinese Language Teacher||HPGS||PS||ZUS|
|Bachelor Program||Yes||No||BTCSOL only||BTCSOL only||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Master Program||Yes||Yes||MTCSOL only||MTCSOL only||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Doctor Program||Yes||Yes||Chinese Language, Literature, History, Philosophy only||Chinese Language, Literature, History, Philosophy only||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|CGS-General||New student from specific areas or professions||All||All||Tuition, Living Allowance, Traffic, etc.||Yes||Early January to early April|
|CGS-University Program||New students||Master and Doctor program||All||Tuition, Living Allowance, Traffic, etc.||Yes||Early January to early April|
|CIS-General||New students||Chinese Language, BTCSOL, TCSOL, PhD||Chinese Language, Culture, Literature, History, Philosophy||Tuition, Living Allowance, Traffic, etc.||Yes||All year round|
|CIS–SouthAsiaChinese Teacher Program||New South Asian Students of Chinese language||Tuition, Living Allowance, Traffic, etc.||Yes||All year round|
|HPGS||All students||All||All||5000; 15,000-40,000 RMB/year/person||Yes||Early January to early April|
|ZUS||Current students||All||All||3,000-12000 RMB//year/person||No||September-November|
|PS||New student||All||All||Tuition, Living Allowance, Traffic, etc.||Yes||January to June|