|Degree: Doctor||Duration: 4 Years|
|School: Clinical Medicine||Tuition: 45,000|
|Subject: Gynecology and Obstetrics||Opening Date: 2016.09.01|
+86 371 67780665
Master & Doctor Program:
+86 371 67780102
For PhD-degree, international students must
1) Show respect for Chinese foreign policy,
strictly obey the laws and regulations of the Chinese government and
2) Demonstrate integrated and systemic understanding in their professional area; be familiar with the latest research progress and development trend of their major fields; make innovative achievements with independent scientific research competence.
3) Show full ability to carry out independent scientific work and the potential in advanced professional qualifications for jobs in research or related areas
4) Demonstrate a good ability, both orally and in writing, to account for a biomedical problem/project in English.
Supervision and Doctoral Committee
The main supervisor and doctoral committee are responsible for the planning and implementation of the PhD degree program. The doctoral committee is organized and consists of 3-5 experts of their major fields or related areas who must have the title of associate professor and/or above.
Part 1: Courses Study
Students need to choose at least 3 English medical courses as elective courses in the first semester. Pass 2-3 degree courses which are offered by tutor group during 4 academic years. Finish the Frontier Science Forum at least 12 times (Detailed information should be recorded on your Assessment Form).
Part 2: Clinical Research and Practice in Hospital
Follow the tutor's instruction to do the clinical research and practice in hospital. The clinical practice will be evaluated by tutor group (pass mark is 70). If student was not qualified in this clinical practice, he/she could not apply for graduation. Pass the mid-term assessment.
Part 3: Dissertation
Writing and Graduation Finish the dissertation and pass the defense.
The total credits for each international student of the PhD program: at least 17 credits. The detail is listed as following:
1) Basic degree courses: choose no less than 3 courses from English medical coursed in the first semester
2) Professional Course II (3 credits): issued by supervisor or committee member
3) Professional English II (2 credits): issued by supervisor or committee member
4) Seminar & Presentation II (5 credits): Students shall attend lectures of their major fields and give presentations for at least 5 times, which will be graded by supervisors or committee members.
5) Clinical Practice (1 credit) (Only be required for students majored in Clinical Medicine): Graduate students shall take clinical rotation of their major fields, which will be assessed by the clinical department. Students who fail in the assessment are not allowed to take the final dissertation.
PhD students majored in Clinical Medicine need to take at least 6 months’ specialty training under the guidance of supervisors. Students are required to demonstrate their understanding of common diseases in their fields, including the causes and pathogenesis. Students are also required to master the clinical manifestations, diagnosis and differential diagnosis and treatment methods of the common diseases. The practice should be arranged by supervisors.
Mid-Term Assessment (Qualification)
PhD students have mid-term assessment in the third semester. The evaluation committee composed of 5-7 experts conducts the general evaluation of PhD students on daily performance, course completion, clinical practice capability (for students majored in Clinical Medicine), dissertation design and preparation and so forth. The clinical practice capability assessment implemented by supervisors mainly focuses on the standardization of